Wednesday, October 3, 2007

Happy Birthday Yasef!

So on the westcoast it's still Yasef's birthday. Perhaps he is still celebrating. He wrote to me that he had dinner plans with friends after a full day of working on our project. Vegetarian dinner plans. Sounds birthday sexy, right?
Food. It was a big relief when I learned before I even arrived that Yasef primarily eats vegetarian food too. (Agnieska not a big fan of vegetables-Agnieska and I differ often in our taste in food, although ice cream...)
In the past few years I've begun to eat fish and fish was a big staple in my diet in Cuba. Day 1, Laura had arranged for a delicious lobster dinner for her, Yasef, Agnieska and I. First time I ate lobster in my life. And, yes, I liked it. Oh, and I'll just say now, I love plantains! (And I have for a while, not the first time I ate those but had to give a little !!)
I took this photo of Yasef that first night, before dinner, just after Agnieska arrived at Laura's, a few hours after I landed. I love the colors of Laura's living room, she decorated it to compliment an enchanting painting that hangs on the wall, just to the right-a soft facial profile of a woman adorned with a few flowers, petals. This photo touches on the "magic hour" time of day. A time that we hope to figure prominently in the story and filming. During the magic hour everything in the world glows with a liquid radiance, like it could melt and fly at the same time. A truer skin, than what is exposed, worn on objects and living things during most of the rest of the day. The magic hour highlights a rich, stirring beauty; a welcomed path to mingle curiosity, passion and dreamy hope.
Many more stories to be shared, still only a beginning in the land of blog and CFA/EL and on and on. Happy 32 Yasef!

No comments: